Sleep8 CPAP Cleaner
The Sleep8 is a new, easy-to-use device to sanitize your CPAP mask, tubing, and water chamber! Unlike the SoClean and similar devices that send ozone into your machine, the Sleep8 has been proven safe and it won't harm your CPAP machine.
It is the smallest unit of its kind on the market and perfect for travel. The kit consists of just three parts:
1. The Sleep8 device
All it takes to thoroughly clean your CPAP, BiPAP, or APAP device is connecting one end of your CPAP tubing to the valve inside the sanitizing bag, with the other end still connected to your mask. If your machine has a water chamber, disconnect and dry that, and place inside the bag also. Then zip the bag, connect the valve on the outer part of the bag to the Sleep8 device, and turn on. It's that easy! The Sleep8 sanitizing device will run for 1 hour, and it is recommended that you leave the bag zipped for another hour before opening.
- Compatible with ALL CPAP brands and models, with no adapters needed!
- Uses ozone, or "activated oxygen," to sanitize your CPAP accessories
- Unlike some competitors, Sleep8 does not expose the CPAP machine itself to ozone. Doing so may void the warranties of certain CPAP manufacturers. Yet it still kills more than 99% of germs.
- Compact for travel
- Daily use is recommended to best prevent bacterial buildup in your equipment
- The manufacturer recommends changing the bag every 3 months with daily use
- 18-month warranty
- MANUFACTURER: Sleep8
- IN THE PACKAGE: Sleep8 Device, Sanitizer Filter Bag, USB Charger with AC Power Cord, User Guide, 18-Month Manufacturer's Warranty.
- WARRANTY: 18 Months - Review manufacturer's documentation for full warranty details.
- INTENDED USE: Sleep8 is designed to sanitize Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) equipment. Individuals who use a PAP machine for Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) can use Sleep8 to sanitize all PAP equipment on a daily basis, or when the user wants the added benefit of thorough sanitization.
- COUNTRY: China (Typical Origin)
- AVAILABLE COLOR(S): White with Blue Highlights
- SIZE (APPROX): Device = 3.3 x 2.1 x 5.25 Inches; Bag = 12.5 x 15.0 x 6.0 Inches (Rectangular Wedge Shape)
- WEIGHT (APPROX): Device = 10 Ounces; Bag = 5 Ounces
- AC (WALL) POWER: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz Battery Charger
- AC POWER SUPPLY SIZE: 1.4 x 0.8 x 2.4 Inches (Approx)
- AC POWER SUPPLY WEIGHT: 2 Ounces (Approx)
- AC POWER CORD LENGTH: 3 Feet (Approx)
- POWER CONSUMPTION: 4 Watts Max
- BATTERY POWER: Internal
- BATTERY TYPE: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)
- BATTERY CAPACITY: 2200 mAh
- BATTERY NOTES: Micro USB Charger with Universal AC Power Supply Included. When you plug the Micro USB Charger in the Sleep8 will beep once to let you know the internal battery is charging. While the battery is charging Sleep8's screen will dim and the battery icon will shine bright to display current battery levels. Sleep8's charger WILL NOT overcharge the battery so it can be left in overnight to ensure a full charge whenever needed.
FAQ'S:How to use Sleep 8 CPAP Cleaner
Plug your hose into the universal port inside the Sleep8 bag and place your mask inside and seal the bag. Press the start button to start cleaning. It’s that simple. It will take an hour to clean.How do I turn off the device?
The Sleep8 CPAP cleaner will stop automatically after an hour. No manual turn off is needed.Is the hose port compatible with all machines?
The hose port is compatible with heated hoses and is compatible with standard PAP tubing, both CPAP/BIPAP, as well as electric diagnosis hoses.How long can we use the sanitizing bag?
The sanitizing bag should be replaced after 3 months of use.How often do I need to sanitize my CPAP?
The manufacturer recommends that all tubing and masks be sanitized daily to reduce the risk of harmful bacteria. Bacteria can multiply rapidly within 24 hours.How do I charge the Sleep 8 sanitizer?
Plug the charging cord into any standard electrical outlet and plug the micro USB port into the Sleep8 device. The device will beep and display the battery box on the screen. When the battery icon displays four bars your device is charged and ready for use.What needs to go in the bag?
You may sanitize both the mask and tubing. You may also clean your water chamber but you need to remove and dry the chamber before adding it to your Sleep8 bag. It is not recommended that the machine itself be subjected to ozone sanitation.Can the entire CPAP machine be cleaned?
No. It is not advisable to place a CPAP machine in the Sanitizer Bag.How do I clean the Sleep8 device?
Your Sleep8 cleaner may be wiped with a dry cloth but do not get it wet or it will void the warranty.Can I travel with the Sleep 8 cleaner?
Certainly, since the device is compact and portable and may be packed in a suitcase or small bag for traveling by air.
WHEN YOUR GOOD HEALTH DEPENDS ON A CLEAN CPAP MACHINE
If your doctor has prescribed a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machine to help you deal with various negative side effects of sleep apnea, you should be resting well and feeling better. Now it’s up to you to keep your machine in good working order to enjoy the benefits of your good health.
A CPAP Machine Can Collect Germs
You’ve probably seen what happens to a travel mug or mouthguard when it’s not cleaned properly – it’s covered in mold, germs, fungus, and even mineral buildup. The same can happen to your CPAP machine, and in many cases, damage the equipment and accessories. These contaminants can come from many sources inside and outside your home. Eliminate the chance for germs to build up in your CPAP mask, tubes, cushions, or other accessories. Your machine is a smart investment for your health, so it’s important to keep it free from damaging contaminants.
Avoid Getting Sick as a Result of Virus-causing Germs
You can’t avoid all illness, but you can definitely reduce your chances of getting sick from a contaminated CPAP machine. Regular sanitizing of your machine’s equipment will help eliminate germs, mold, fungus, and mineral buildup. This is especially critical during the COVID-19 pandemic. We’ve all heard how important it is to wash our hands and keep frequently used surfaces clean. Reduce the spread of any disease by taking precautions as directed by the Centers for Disease Control. Be sure to pay special attention to keeping all parts of your CPAP machine clean.
Use Safe Cleaning Methods
Typical cleaning products can cause skin irritation and damage your CPAP machine and accessories. Your machine is helping you breathe safely all night. You don’t want to find out in the morning that acne or a more serious rash has come from the cushions or tube after using irritating soaps or cleansers. Consider using a chemical-free sanitization system. An ozone cleaner can be used daily to improve your cleaning efficiency.
Take Care of Your Investment
A CPAP machine can cost anywhere from $400 to $3,000. That’s a significant investment. As you would with any other large investment, protect your machine and ensure it lasts as long as possible.
Your CPAP machine should last for many years, so invest in a good, safe cleaning system to ensure your health and the long-time use of your CPAP machine. Rest in good health!